If in the result of an efficient IVF treatment there are some cryoconserved embryos left and the patients are not going to do successive embryo transfer attempts, on their own decision and a written consent they can donate their embryos to an infertile couple or to a single woman.
One of indications to embryo donation is an unfavorable genetic situation, combination of male and female infertility, i.e. inadvisability to use both male and female gametes of a couple for their IVF treatment. Embryo donation is often recommended to married or single women who want to carry and deliver a baby themselves.
Besides donation of cryoconserved embryos, fertilization of donated egg cells with donated sperm is also available in our clinic. In this case we can offer a treatment arrangement similar to IVF with donated eggs. The only difference is fertilization will be done with donated sperm.
- We select several donors in compliance with the patient’s requirements. Our clinic has its own donor database, which enables us to implement donation programs without a waiting list. Donors may be patients’ relatives or acquaintances.
- We synchronize the patient and the egg donor’s menstrual cycles, which enables us to transfer embryos without cryconserving them.
- We perform stimulation of superovulation of the egg donor.
- We monitor follicle development of the egg donor and endometrial maturation of the patient.
- We collect the egg donor’s oocytes and fertilize them with donated sperm.
- We cultivate created embryos.
- We perform hormonal therapy for the lutein phase of the patient’s menstrual cycle.
- We value β-subunit of hCG level in blood or urine in 12-14 days after an embryo transfer.
Pregnancy rate is equal to that of gamete donation arrangement, i.e. up to 45%.
For more information, please, call us to fix an appointment with our fertility specialists.
You can also contact us via e-mal. We will try to give detailed answers to all your questions.